10 questions for Piero Turk
Name: Piero Turk
Instagram ID: pieroturk
Daily work: being in my studio trying to come up with some ideas
1. Who are you and what are you doing within the (denim) industry?
I can say I am a denim designer, working in all the different areas of our denim world.
As free lance I help my clients to develop their collections. Denim mills, manufactures, laundries, brands. Companies working on wash technologies and chemicals as well.
2. What are you currently working on?
The most interesting projects I’m working on are:
Collaborating with TONELLO (leader company in future wash technologies) to develop all the potential of their advanced O-Bleach process, bringing ozone washes towards an extremely high level. This work we are doing, I dream, will change completely the denim wash world. You can use the most sustainable technologies but if the product final result is ugly nobody needs that. We are creating sustainable washes that are really wonderful.
Working together with ORTA ANADOLU to achieve the goal of having the most modern, beautiful, useful denim range in the world. Giving the light to our industry and change it radically. We are a team of very sharp and ambitious brains. I like it.
3. What is the biggest achievement so far in your career?
After many years in the denim industry I can be very efficient, being able to give my clients the right directions and answers they need. Quickly and clearly.
4. What is/are your favorite denim brand(s), and why?
IMjiT 35020 MANUFACTUS. Because jeans are made in a little workshop, with love and care. Really homemade jeans.
5. What is your favorite denim store, and why?
No one today. Years ago the first 45RPM and HRM stores in Tokyo.
6. What do you think we can expect in the (near) future of denim developments as it comes to sustainability?
Understanding that to develop we don’t need to grow. We just need to reduce unnecessary things. (Probably this is just my hope)
7. What is the most valuable lesson your have learned during your work?
I learned to be focused and rapid, so I don’t waste time and energy and I can work less.
8. If you could be someone else for one day, who would you be, and why?
My daughter and my son to understand better what they feel.
9. Can you describe your ultimate pair of jeans?
Unwashed and durable
10. Do you have a life slogan, or one that inspires you?
Don’t do today what can be done tomorrow.